View Single Post
Old 10-12-2007, 02:44 PM
sans SVX

Send a message via AIM to mbtoloczko
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVXRide View Post
Mychailo,
You will come out and tune my cars when you're done, right?
-Bill
First thing I want to do is decipher the I/O and RAM values. On the Evo, many of the diagnostic output values are not the exact values used by the ECU for controlling fuel/timing. After that, I want to find the idle stepper table(s) so I can fix the manual tranny idle issue. What might be most interesting is to see how well the stock ECU can be adapted to forced induction: Load would need to be rescaled, injector scaling and latency need to be found, MAF scaling needs to be found, knock control routine would need to be evaluated, would be nice to see if there is an extra output that could be used to control a solenoid (for boost control) and an extra input for a MAP sensor... Who knows how much of this I'll have time to do though in the near future... T-minus 2 weeks to baby girl. :-) The wifey had a few random strong contractions last night (seemed beyond the Braxton-Hicks variety), so it could be sooner than that.

Visit my locker

SVX Mods: ND iridium spark plugs, Impreza RS fpr, afr tuned to 13.2:1 using a custom MAF bypass, custom exhaust, WRX 5MT w/ STi RA 1st-4th gear & stock WRX 5th gear, Exedy 13 lb flywheel & Sport Clutch, STi Group N tranny & engine mounts, urethane spacers in rear subframe, rear diff mounts, and pitch stopper, SVX Sport Strut Springs (185f/150r), custom 19 mm rear swaybar, urethane swaybar mounts, Rota Torque 17x8", 225/45-17 Proxes 4 tires, Axxis Deluxe Plus organic brake pads.

Last edited by mbtoloczko; 10-12-2007 at 02:46 PM.