View Single Post
Old 06-02-2002, 09:39 PM
Not as old as Randy

Significant Technical Input
Welcome to one of my common nightmares. A lot of OEMs have gone to different methods of mounting the sensor for that very reason. Of course knowing that now doesn't help you. When I did Randy's I had the same problem, and I was pressing his bearings 'in the car'. I needed it out of the way for my press though. I was able to alternately apply WD40 and some gentle twisting over a twenty minute period. The sensor never fully came out but I was able to move it far enough out of my way. You might try to find the harness end and unhook it that way, leaving the sensor intact. The other alternative would be to smash the living bejesus outta it and replace it with a new one.

I would strongly suggest having someone with a dedicated hub and bearing press do the bearing replacement. If they go after it with an air hammer and/or a makeshift press it's almost guaranteed you'll soon be doing this again.

The brake cable is stuck the same as the ABS sensor - isn't it great living in the snow belt? Hit it hard with the WD40 or similar and keep at it. Good luck.