View Single Post
Old 07-12-2005, 11:52 AM
1995 Subaru SVX LSi Polo Green

Send a message via ICQ to Manarius Send a message via AIM to Manarius Send a message via MSN to Manarius Send a message via Yahoo to Manarius Send a message via Skype™ to Manarius
Registered SVX
While you may not choose SVX for it's problems (as far as I know the only two that it's most prone to are Wheel Bearings and Transmissions), I would still stay with a Subaru. My Legacy has just over 140k miles and looks and drives like it's brand new. All subarus I see in the paper and online almost always have over 100k miles and while they may not look quite like brand new, they still drive like it. Subarus are well known for their reliability and their easyness to maintain and keep like new. In the time we've had my Legacy, it has never let us sit anywhere. It even sat in an airport parking lot for 2 weeks and started up the very first time when we got back.

My '91, minus the rust around the wheelwells and dulled out hood and bumpers, is clean and shiny everywhere else (then again, I am a car freak). The SVX's can be kept just as well. You can even get away without replacing the tranny as long as you don't drive like a maniac. However, I'm in agreement with most people here: It takes money to maintain a car. However, if kept properly from the start, or even mid-life, the car can last forever and the costs are very little.

Just FYI, the only thing that's ever been replaced on my car is a rear-passenger side bearing and the exhaust system. Otherwise, all the major parts are stock.
(8/23/07-Present) 1995 Subaru SVX LSi (197k) Polo Green (#1102) 03/95
Mods: DDM Tuning 4500k 35w Low Beam HID, 100w H3 Bulbs, Extra Ground Cables, 15 minute $12.96 mod,
svxfiles designed transmission mount (), sporting a "new" tail light bar,
silver BBS rims, custom power steering cooler (one that doesn't dump ATF constantly), new negative lead cable, no more third or fourth gear
(1977-Present) 1977 Chevrolet Corvette (81k) Silver
(12/01/2011-Present) 2005 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited 5MT (97k)
I have a bad feeling about this.
-Obi Wan Kenobi

Last edited by Manarius; 07-13-2005 at 02:19 PM.