Thread: Turbo write-up
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2005, 03:15 AM
Turbo Member

Send a message via AIM to SVXtasy
Quote:
He never mentioned all the little things that kept going wrong like the power steering system that gave him fits for months.
ya I forgot about that. let me tell you it sucked.

Quote:
Or the car PC he built for this car that went through at least 2 prototype configurations before reaching the stage its at now. Plus all the fuss with which screen to buy that would fit properly and work well.
ya I put 12v through the ground plain on the laptop but dad was able to fix it

Quote:
Or how close he was to purchasing not just any WRX, but a Cobb stage III WRX wagon that actually had the oldschool Cobb APS turbo kit and FMIC. That car was a beast.
I still think about that car. What a different world it would be

Quote:
Or collecting all the various bits for that HKS CAMP system which was frustrating and time consuming because speed shops just don't like it when you walk in and start rattling off HKS part numbers.. So he ordered a lot of it directly from JAPAN.. TF&TF jokes aside.
lol I never got any parts form that guy he would just roll his eyes very time I came in. The parts are cheaper form Japan anyway but you have to decipher the e-mails. They also sent the stuff wrapped in Japanese news paper it is such a trip!

Quote:
Or how he fabricated his own collectors BY HIMSELF with the schedule 40 pipe, weld els, a grinder, and a tack welder all in Dave's garage and somehow managed to keep the garage clean.
It was not that bad just a crash course in welding.

Quote:
Or how he'd done a HUGE amount of research on air to water intercooling because all the naysayers said it was impossible to do an FMIC in a SVX. His research proved fruitful in our friend Robbie's project Saturn SC2 which now benefits from a laminova air to water intercooler and has a GT28 huffing air into that intercooler.
I am glad I went air to air it looks so much better

Quote:
Or how much of the SVX community told him it was impossible, that he was stupid for even trying, that it would never work, etc etc etc etc.
Thank you Jeff. Truly I was not even going to do this project because of what the community had to say about every not working. To may nay Sayers and killjoys so I to say neeneer neeneer neeneer

Quote:
Or how he was seeing a girl for the better part of a year (was it more than a year?) that didn't like the sound of my turbo after he took her for a spin in my Supra.
It was 10 months I think. And she did not like turbo cars so she had to go

Quote:
I just have to add a few things... and Svxtasy can hate me for it later.
I love you man you say things I could not. Thanks dude