View Single Post
Old 10-05-2004, 06:31 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to svxboy
Makes total sense. Why have more power going to the tranny that isn't going to be put to the ground properly, through the slipping bands in the tranny. Could I just install a multiple throw switch that simaltaneously disables solenoid A for full line pressures shifts and at the same time eliminates the torque control function, for use when dragging/racing?

The other question was as to when using a manual tranny when the TCU is removed, is the torque control always active since the ECU now recieves a 0 volt signal at that terminal? In my friends 5spd SVX, power seems to fall off fast after 3000rpms.

Also, is there a way to manually control the Air Resonance valve in the intake manifold? Is this unit at all disabled with the replacement of a manual tranny? It too could be the cause for the loss in power on the higher end if it doesn't open properly.

Greg
92 Teal SVX LS, Superwhite headlamps and front turn signals, Premier DEX-P1R Deck, A/D/S P850 and Earthquake 200DHC amps, PG Bass Cube, 3-10 in. Diamond Audio subs, A/D/S 346is front components, and Vifa rear 6x9's. B&M tranny cooler and temp. gauge. Flowmaster custom dual exhaust, Tenzo-R conical intake filter, JC Sports torque chip, and a Mid-Height wing for an Integra that fits perfectly and stands 6.5 in. tall. ART front and rear cryo/slotted rotors, SS brake lines and EBC "Green Stuff" pads. My email address= fastestsvx@yahoo.com