View Single Post
Old 10-05-2003, 11:53 AM

Send a message via AIM to rmjjensen
www.Xenarc.com should be releasing an in dash 7" Flip out LCD monitor that takes RGB in and has a touch screen built in. It's supposed to sell for about $1000.

But....they've been sitting on it for quite some time so I don't know what the deal is with it.

It's not that hard to place an LCD in the radio's cage.....it's more just time consuming.

http://www.expertwebcreations.com/pe.../lcd_night.jpg

If you're good you can try rigging a Pioneer/Kenwood screen and rigging the external RBG. They all use they're propreitery equipment, HOWEVER the video signal they use is RGB.....not sure of the sync frequency. I've never had the money to try and play with an expensive screen but if you do, go for it

Good luck.

Oh - and there's always Alpine/Pioneer GPS units but it'll get costly

5-Speed Status: DONE!
Lambo Door Status: On hold but will be a success

04 WRX 5MT, STi Short Throw Shifter, Group N tranny mounts, AZA Z-2 18x7.5 Rims, slotted/cross drilled rotors, stainless steel lines, 35/20% window tint, ecu bead crush, power mode button; 7" In-dash touch screen LCD, mobile computer, voice recognition, alpine PXA-H701 DSP, 2 JBL amps, focal speakers all around, 5 farad cap, and fiberglassed subs in the trunk.

The Mobile Computer Interface - featuring the SVX | My Locker | My Secret Stash