View Single Post
Old 09-18-2006, 10:10 PM
Just some dude.

Significant Technical Input
I think you mean IAC valve (idle air control valve) which I doubt is broken. This is just a guess but I am guessing tom bypassed the cold air bypass valve and put your little ballcock device in the middle of a hose going from the outlet on the snorkus and the inlet on the throttle body. It sounds like you just made that a straight hose going from the snorkus to the throttle body. That will give you way too much air at idle. The hose from the snorkus should go to the cold air bypass valve and then a hose from the cold air bypass valve should go to the throttle body. The cold air bypass valve is underneath the manifold on the driver's side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gest24
Just got back from cruising around SD. The new version is nice. Snappy and quick. The dyno shop I usually go to was closed so I'll have to try another day to get dyno time and see how the new plots look.

My only issue was with the isis valve. I removed the bypass that Tom and I put on and replaced it with a straight piece of hose. But then the car was idling at 3K. Is my isis valve messed up from the bypass or do I need a check valve in the hose?