View Single Post
Old 12-31-2013, 07:53 AM
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: Professionally restored and modified headlights

Buying things without being able to see them sure has its downside.

Will did the job on my headlights (w/halos) fairly quickly. I was surprised. Most of the time they were out was spent in transit.

I know you're not interested in halos, but I have to add that I appreciate them much more now that I have them. I did not set them up separately from the projectors. I'd wanted to, thinking they'd be nice daytime running lights. I'd only seen a couple of them where I live out here in the sticks so I thought they'd be unique. Then, as soon as I ordered them, I was disappointed to see them on everything from old pickups to fully decked out ricers. They suddenly looked too blingy for how I wanted my SVX to be. So, I wired them along with the projectors- which was easier anyway. It turns out that they look really cool in the daytime. The halos have become a somewhat subtle daytime driving light as the full power of the projectors doesn't seem to stand out in the daylight. And I just push the high low dimmer button so I can still see the dash lights in the daytime. Sometimes things just work out better when they don't go as intended, I suppose.

Good luck with your headlights. I think you'll be happy with Will's work.