View Single Post
Old 05-21-2003, 08:38 PM
FifthElement

I have to say I feel for you. I can totally understand what you mean when you say seeing the WRX would remind you of how you got played. Good work kicking ass. I'll bet that Cop really tore him a new ahole. There's something very intimidating about having a Cop tell you how easily the the DA could get involved in matters involving fraud, which I assume is what happened. Glad it all worked out for you.

Just to make you feel better and to potentially help others who may have or will have had problems with that dealer, you may want to report what occured to the Better Business Bureau. They have a website, so it's real easy to file a report. If a handful of reports pile up, an investigation occurs. It's not much...but it's better than nothing. Also, even a letter to the car manufactorer (in this case I assume Subaru) detailing the less-than honest selling methods and everything it took for the dealer to actually honor the agreement (police involvement) would be in order. I would think manufactorers would be interested in that kind of customer feedback. If anything, they do not want the BBB looking over their shoulder, even if most dealerships are privately operated and owned. They are still selling Subary products.

Perhaps you should let everyone on the site know what Dealer it was so we know to avoid these shady characters at all costs.