View Single Post
Old 01-24-2017, 06:09 AM
Hater

Re: Best suby or equivalent??

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsSVX View Post
Max budget is roughly 40k. New or used gotta be the right deal. I want AWD or 4wd but I don't want another BMW because they are all very boring overpriced computers with no real driving pleasure. My old m5 was the last of the really good beemers. I've driven 335ds and the fuel economy stinks plus the cars are just too ugly imho

I would love it if spec b cars were still around but alas... We cannot have everything

Tom
i got a 2013 G37 coupe a couple years ago. RWD-based AWD, reliable 330hp V6, luxury and sporty.

kind of a combo of two of my favorite cars - the SVX and a Porsche 928. not as cool-looking as either, but decent looks. got it 2 years old CPO with 27k miles for almost half of what it cost new. look for an xS (x=AWD, S=sport package ... you get a LOT with the sport package - big brakes, sport suspension, sport seats with adjustable upper & lower bolsters, 19" wheels, and more). not disappointed with the handling coming from an Evo MR.

good highway cruiser - i don't get the best mpg (~18), but i'm all city/suburban traffic. rated at 25mpg highway.
also available in 4-door or convertible flavors, if that's your thing.

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)