View Single Post
Old 11-01-2002, 03:28 AM
Hater

this all sounds very familiar. you guys are still kinda young - that's the attitude i had with my 928. i thought it was the greatest car ever, i was never going to sell it, i would put an infinite amount of money in it to keep it going if i had to, etc - but i did sell it.

the SVX was a low production volume, unpopular and relatively expensive car in its time. it had many exclusive parts that it didn't share with other, more popular models. it has been out of production for 5 years. as time goes by, many parts will become unavailable new as Subaru stops manufacturing them. we've already seen this with the grey floormats, transmissions, etc. if we're lucky, aftermarket enthusiasts will jump in and help out with these discontinued parts, but this is an expensive proposition, given the costs involved with manufacturing and the "small" amount of SVX's out there.

i don't want to be bring everyone down, but just to give you a reality check. things will change in your lives, and some will find that breaking point when it finally becomes time to sell. you will get jobs, may get married/buy a house/have kids, etc, and not have time to be "under the car all the time" and just need reliable transportation that doesn't drain your finances. i, realistically, hope to keep my SVX for at least another 10 years or more.

that all being said, here's to everyone's SVX living a long and trouble-free life, and Subaru putting out a fitting replacement in the future that we'll all be able to afford (300+hp SVX II!). i've learned one thing: NEVER say NEVER.

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)