View Single Post
Old 05-04-2010, 03:05 AM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Johnybeas Send a message via MSN to Johnybeas Send a message via Yahoo to Johnybeas Send a message via Skype™ to Johnybeas
Registered SVX
Angry Re: building engines and turboing 2 svx's woot woot!

I've been researching turboing my svx for years now. I don't agree with his comment about the headers, however I do agree that putting this up for discussion before just hacking away ay my svx and praying it will work is in my opinion a much better solution. Yes we are doing lots of talking, but we both also work full time and aren't old and have pockets deep enough to fork out whatever cash is needed to **** up a few times before getting it right.

I have been studying both your setup as well as svxtasy's and I'm pulling ideas from both as well as my own ideas. I also don't want to just turbo it and see what happens. I plan to build the motor correctly with the internals that will be able to withstand the power I want. I also want to make sure my engine is not running to lean or too rich. I want to make sure that I don't buy 5 turbos before finding one that does the job right. I'm not trying to bash you phil but I plan to go with quality and make the fastest svx in the world, one that could potentially be a 10 second car.

So in order to save myself from being hassled anymore I will tell you to read the begining of the thread once more as it will state right there that we had no intensions of starting this project even as early as we are.

As far as an update goes I will say that before I can start tearing into my svx and rebuilding the motor I need to fix the front end from the wreck I was in last month. So I am working on my svx just not quite working on the turbo. And engine build yet, however cole and I plan to start hacking into. A parts svx here in the next few weeks and start test fitting some pipes.