View Single Post
Old 06-29-2006, 11:11 AM
shiftin' an automatic

Send a message via AIM to EddieSVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Tiger
You could also check out the Toyota Celica AllTrac Turbo. I can't think of many other mid to late 80's 4 cylinder turbos. I would stay away from the Mitsubishi motors from that time frame.
Ahhh...the almighty 3S-GTE with the water-to-air IC ('88 ~ '89)...

That would not fall under my classification of a commuter, though.

Oh, and what's wrong with mitsu engines of the era? The 2.6 Turbo in the Starions, as long as you took care of it, was pretty bullet proof... The rest of the car would fall apart, though. And later on, early 90's, the 4G63 Turbo came to be possibly one of, if not the strongest 2 liter motors ever built... Snap your timing belt, though, and you'll cause havoc for sure.

I've owned 2 DSM's ('90 Talon TSi AWD and '94 Eclipse GSX). My best time with the GSX was a 13.62 @ 101 with a 16g turbo at 16 ~ 17psi. That is a car I will always miss.

I also had a '91 MR2 Turbo a few years back with the 3S-GTE... A very smooth powerplant, but somewhat boring if you really want to get down and dirty with it (not as much potential as the 4G63 Turbo).

But, to go back to topic... I'm still curious about the EA82 (did I get that right?) in the XT Turbos... I think I might check one of them out, rust and all...At the right price, if it lasts me a year and a half, that's good enough.
'92 SVX LS-L (For Sale! Info and link to pics... ) #9536 blt. 4/92 (late boomer '92)
'01 Audi S4 (2.7L Twin Turbo - 6MT)