View Single Post
Old 06-28-2006, 04:41 PM
shiftin' an automatic

Send a message via AIM to EddieSVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhopp77
I got good mileage--actually great with my Turbo 5 Spd. Between 32 and 35 on road if I did not push the turbo to hard. In town I was in the mid 20s. As I indicated mine was FWD. The only thing I did to it after the turbo replacement was timing belt and clutch. I replaced the PS Pump and rack, but it turned out only to be the O-Ring on the Pump reservoir that needed replacing.

Just look for the rust--if it is there you can easily see it. Don't let the fear of what I have said keep you away from one for the right price.

Lee
Thanks for the advice once again! I guess the key phrase there is "one for the right price"...

If I can get one in decent shape for $1000 or less, is that worth it? My drive to work is all freeway and I'm graveyard so it's in the evenings, and in the mornings, going in the opposite direction as traffic (so I cruise 65 ~ 70 most of the way). Do you think a decent XT Turbo 4WD can handle such easy drive?
'92 SVX LS-L (For Sale! Info and link to pics... ) #9536 blt. 4/92 (late boomer '92)
'01 Audi S4 (2.7L Twin Turbo - 6MT)