View Single Post
Old 10-25-2005, 12:33 PM
Bipa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraph
Oh I love the hours they operate. I've always wanted to settle down in Switzerland. Do they need a computer guy there?

Bipa, you'll get a PM from me later tonight
OK, but with the 6 hour time difference, you might not get an answer from me until tomorrow

I just got back from a 3 hour walk with the puppy. It wasn't meant to be a marathon 20km walk, but I got lost . I used to navigate around here by remembering various fields, eg. corn field on the left, funny greenish-yellowish plants on the right, then take a left on the little tractor path etc. Unfortunately, they've finally harvested the last few fields and one plot of empty lumpy soil looks pretty much like any other And don't forget, I'm a big city gal! I get confused by the hilly landscape with all the dirt farm roads around here which twist around any which way with no logical layout that I can see. North America is mostly laid out in a grid, but over here the paths and roads go by least resistance. Where cows used to walk regularly 500 years ago, that's where the road goes now.

Oh, well... it was dark by the time I got home, but thank goodness I have a pretty good sense of direction. Tomorrow I might get up the energy to go back and see where I took a wrong turn... but in daylight