Thread: climate control
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2002, 01:01 PM

Re: climate control

Quote:
Originally posted by svxy
Is there something wrong with my climate control. As I adjust the temperature up or down the direction of the air changes as it should...higher temp at your feet, lower temp at your face. But my car must think its always 70 degrees inside no matter what the temp. is. When I set it at 70 degrees it almost stops blowing which makes me think, the car thinks its at that temp. Now it was 31 degrees outside today, I set the temp at 70 and it stopped blowing, then I set it at 68 and it started blowing at my face at the outside temp. just like I had turned on the vent. It didn't blow at 68 degrees it blew at 31 degrees. Shouldn't it blow out air at the the temp set or at least warmer or cooler air to get the car at the desired temperature.
That's the problem with "Climate Control Systems". Once you set a desired temperature, it reacts to the current conditions in the car and tries to meet your demands. Unlike the old days, when we used to turn the fan up or down and slide the temp controls back and forth, this system does it for you. (All the electronics in there will heat it near 70 inside) So when you set it to a lower temp, it responds by blowing in cooler outside air through the vents to get it to your desired level NOW. Then it will maintain the temp by blowing less warm air at different fan speeds, which it automatically varies, to meet demand.
This was supposed to be a luxury car so it has these "luxury" features. It was intended to be a "Set it and forget it" system. Sometimes I miss the simplicity of the old days!

So, NO there isn't anything wrong with it. It sounds likes it is working as designed!
'80 Honda CBX in-line 24 valve 6 cylinder

Last edited by cbx-man; 12-03-2002 at 01:10 PM.