View Single Post
Old 08-17-2010, 06:07 AM

Registered SVX
Re: SVX 94 photos (my design...my job)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSpear View Post
Dimitry, the modifications you have done on your car are really impressive, kudos for that. Yours became as unique as mine...

I want to show you here my version of your version if I may... Sorry for using primitive ways to express myself... you can see below three pictures, the first is yours, stock, the second is mine, modified and the third is the same as the second but showing where it was modified.

How I see it, the front bar below the grille should be thicker in height. The right and left lower sides of the front and rear bumper should be lower (and also have a similar look in a sideview) to flow with the skirts of your car. Again Dimitry, I highly respect your work, your FG finishing look is really clean and rare...]
Sorry I don’t agree as the aerodynamics will be quite severely compromised. There again it would make a better shopping basket as it would certainly not get stuck up on high curbs. It is of course the boy racer fashion, to have everything scraping the ground. Take your pick.

The large air intake is rather out of proportion, but this could be improved and the effect softened, by means of a line across from each side through at centre level, so as to break up the open area into two. At this stage this could take the form of an add on crosswise piece of polished stainless sheet folded into al tear drop form, so that from front on it will fairly closely match the grill surround.

A change in the mould could provide for two smaller slots which would surely be an ideal compromise. Better still and very smart, would be a second surround matching the grill above, forming two inlet areas. However this would be an expensive exercise.

What the hell anyway. Part of the object must have been to create an interesting conversation piece. "Head turner" I think is the term. Success in this regard has now been well and truly proven.

P.S. Having now looked at the Porsche photos, it is clear that if the number plate is mounted within the lower opening, this will help a lot. An SVX logo could be combined with it so as to break up the space even further.

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!

Last edited by Trevor; 08-17-2010 at 06:16 AM.