View Single Post
Old 06-02-2010, 11:36 AM
Headin' for the hills

Registered SVX
Re: Has your SVX ever left you stranded?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevin View Post
So I was driving home the other night, and I just started thinking about this randomly. My car isn't have problems or anything (knock on wood) but I was just curious if anyone has ever been stranded by their SVX.

Once mine wouldn't start, but it was here in town and I have another car anyway. Turned out it was just the coolant temp sensor was bad.

So, I'm curious, if you have been stranded... What happened? What caused it, and what was the fix?

I'd just like to have people get a good idea of what COULD go wrong, so they can prepare themselves better.
I posted this at the time, but mine decided to die on me at a stop light about 9pm on a busy street. I had a bad Neg (-) battery connector that'd been giving me trouble for a couple of days (no start, random stalling, etc). It gave out in traffic, and I had to push it a half block to the nearest parking lot, ugh. The next day I got an Optima Red-Top and new terminal connectors and haven't had a single issue since.

My MAF also gave me a stall in the inside lane of a blind turn on the freeway. It only took a couple of tries to restart, but then I had to get back into traffic with little run-up and no visibility. I got my ECUTune stage 2 the next day, and no more MAF problems.

If it causes a breakdown I won't just put the same part back in as before. I like to have it fixed with certainty that it won't happen again.
'92 LS-L "Bandit" #362 formerly dark teal, repainted by prev owner
Mods: ECUTune 2v7f, Earthworm bushings, Pioneer DVD/Bluetooth phone, Infinity Reference all around, tint, 17" wheels, custom seat belt computer, velcro visor

Buying parts is like car payments. Someday she'll be all mine.