View Single Post
Old 10-15-2002, 07:44 AM
aubrey taylor

Hi Phil,

Joe suggested that you might have a set of RHD manuals so I was wondering if it would be possible to get hold of a photocopy or a scanned image of a wiring diagram for the solenoids and how to replace the solenoid C and the TCU.

I don't think it's a TCU problem due to the fault not always being on, suspicious of it being a broken wire maybe but just in case a pointer to where the TCU is located would be useful.

Luckily my mate used to run a Mazda dealership and he just happens to know a Ford UK Transmission Trouble-Shooter who says he'd like to have a crack at diagnosing and fixing my problem for a reasonable cost or possibly a decent bottle of Jameson.

Cheers.

General question for you guys, as I only have 1 SVX.

Could one of you do me a favour and checkout something for me re the Diff-Lock fuse for a RHD SVX.

1. When you switch on the ignition before starting her up do you see the Diff-Lock warning light come on? (I could have sworn it used to light up when the ignition was switched on before my transmission problem started but I can't remember)

2. If you put the fuse in for the Diff-Lock do you see the Diff-Lock warning light come on when you switch on the ignition, as mine doesn't (don't know if this points to an electrical wiring problem or not)

Aubrey.

P.S.
Had a rear one done (so to speak) about 18 months ago when a brick fell off a lorry on a motorway and blew out a tyre, it don't half make a terrible winning noise when the bearing goes, had to turn the CD up to near enough full volume until I got it fixed.