View Single Post
Old 06-18-2008, 07:32 AM

Send a message via AIM to SVXMAN2001
Re: About to address my A/C issue

Thanks guys, now of course a couple of other questions....

For the receiver/dryer can I eliminate the tall conversion fitting by simply purchasing a post 1994 svx receiver/dryer? This would have the R134a fitting already correct? I've learned that anytime I change out the compressor (which I mostly likely will have to do) you are supposed to change out the receiver/dryer, due to the likelihood of it having absorded a considerable amount of moisture. Also, are we absolutely certain that the receiver/dryer has a fitting on it, because my 1992 receiver/dryer is simply a black plastic bottle with two small rubber hoses coming out of it...there are no low and high side ports to my knowledge.

Also there are different condensors depending whether it is an R12 car or R134a. Now if I purchase a R12 condensor will this work with my existing hardware? My svx is a 1992 (R12). I am just uncertain whether having an R134a receiver/dryer, retrofitted R134a low and high side ports, will work with an R12 condensor....kinda confusing, but these parts are expensive and I don't want to be going back and forth. Thanks again, Chris