View Single Post
Old 02-18-2005, 11:12 AM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
Cool Rear Suspension Rattle... Mistery Solved

I am not surprised about my little problem because I bough my car in Kentucky from an SVX owner who never drove an Auto SVX. I was trying to figure out what the heck was rattling on my driver's side rear suspension. Well I figured it out when I had time to take the wheel off. I went to take the brake caliper off and realized it was bouncing around on the slide pin. I looked into it further and realized the lock slide if fricking missing!!! After I consoled myself because I was in total shock I got my crap together. I went straight to Subaruparts.com and ordered a new one. I still cannot believe that someone would replace both rear calipers with rebuilts and somehow allow the slide to be MIA. Just figured I would share my findings with you all. I think The PO had the calipers replaced and thats where it had to have gone. The only reason I didn't pick up on it when I put my new rotors and pads on is because I took the whole assembly off instead of the just the caliper. Well anyway, will be fixed as soon as i get my parts. Just wanted to let anyone know who was curious if I fixed my rattle.

Tom