View Single Post
Old 03-20-2003, 07:02 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Re: Re: News from MTV

Quote:
Originally posted by Landshark

do you think MTV might have a bit of a liberal view......no, of course not! they wouldn't try to get the opinion of the war from rappers, pop stars, and college kids. i'm sure the conservative view is well represented on MTV.

Sure its a little on the liberal side but keep in mind EVERY NEWS PROGRAM has some liberal sources to it othewise there wouldn't be a hook to lure someone to watch. Personally I can't stand MTV. Never understood why it was soooo important to look at music but that's probably from the liberal upbringing in the field of music (I actually paid for some of my college through a piano scholarship). I'm just thankful MTV has been providing news though, given the fact that no other network targets youth in providing coverage so a majority of younger persons rely on the net for most of their news.

I remember that during the last few presidential races MTV offered interviews/ sit downs to both parties and Bush Sr. declined, Dole made an appearance in one and canceled the next b/c he felt it didn't fit his image (he was wearing his suit during the interview) and finally W. declined an interview. I guess they felt that young people didn't matter. I would certainly doubt that the "New Republic" offered such interviews with either of the Democratics during the elections.