Thread: Acura ZDX
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2010, 01:55 PM

Re: Acura ZDX

The car would be decent, if it weren't the size of a house, and almost as expensive.

This, the CrossTour, and ZDX, BMW X6, and 5-series GT... are all huge.

They are basically the size of a generous CUV, with a fastback roofline.

It kind of becomes the worst of both worlds... The roofline is aerodynamic, but the bulk of the vehicle makes it almost a moot point.

The practicality of having a vehicle that big is hampered by having such an impractical low roofline.

Coupes are coupes, SUVs are SUVs... it is hard to make one car be both, competently.

I wish we could get some more modest-sized 5-doors, like Mazda 6 5-door from overseas, or Audi A5 Sportback. They have the roofline, mostly anyway, the liftback just makes it more of a practical opening, and the size isn't too outrageous for a modest, sleek sedan.

But really, I don't need much more than a coupe about SVX's size, or a very little bit smaller, with a sleek liftback.

If I wanted a big vehicle, I would get one with a full roof, and all of the practical enclosed space. I don't see the useful benefit of the ZDX over the MDX. The sleek roofline is moot on a vehicle that needs to be that big for practicality. It might as well have all of the practicality, and the full length roof.

------------

1992 Claret SVX. Rescued from certain destruction, and still on the road, where it belongs. Waiting for a bit of a makeover, when I can afford it.
2005 Garnet Red Pearl Legacy GT Limited 5-speed. - The late great Subaru sport touring sedan.
1999 Classic Red Miata, Preferred equipment package 5-speed. Fun, fun, fun, in the Sun, sun, sun.

Last edited by BoxerFanatic; 06-03-2010 at 02:00 PM.