View Single Post
Old 02-15-2003, 02:29 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

One word

I think that one must only look at another Ital Design car made in Ireland in the early 80s to come up with the collectable potential of the SVX. It doesn't mean that it will be a collectable but it seems like its the first Japanese auto in a long time to have such potential. Believe it or not my brat has been climbing in value according to Kelly Blue Book and they really don't track collectable cars. They just go by market value. Seriously I get 5x more comments about that thing than I get about my SVX. What the SVX needs to reach such status is a devout loyal following which does their best to keep the car intact (no mods like this 5 speed conversion and such). Collectors shy away from cars with a troubled past which have been "corrected". A Triumph Stag with a dif engine has a value of oh maybe $2000, while an original Stag with upgraded engine has a value pushing $10,000-$15,000. This car was unloved, unwanted and underappricated for years.