View Single Post
Old 05-21-2009, 06:09 PM

Re: WTB: The sides of your car.

i SELL A WHOLE CAR THAT YOU CAN TAKE HOME. I GOT BOTH OF THEM ON HERE FOR SALE UNDER CARS FOR SALE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_pilot View Post
I'm not kidding.

I'm looking for a set of quarter panels. Colour doesn't matter, minor dings accepted, as long as they're not crumpled and most importantly, RUST FREE!

I'm nearly ready to start buying parts for a 6MT swap in my car, and part of that will be a conversion kit from YT. Because I hate cross border shipping so much, I'm going to be driving down to pick up the kit. So basically I'm looking for any SVX that's along my route down (within an hour or so) that has acceptable quarter panels. Ideally, it would be one that has been in a nasty front end collision, and isn't useful for anything but parts. Once I've cut out what I need the car will not be driveable.

My plan is to bring my cut-off tool along and take the entire panel from the floor to the windows, and from the door jamb to the tail lights.

I know I can get brand new panels for about $300 each, but the shipping on them will not be pleasant.

So if you know of anything, either cars in junk yards, or ones that someone is parting out, please let me know. It's one more step on the road to getting my car back into proper shape.