Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Re: Three-umps

Quote:
Originally posted by SVXphile
< triumphalism>

Definition: The mental state into which owners of Spitfires decend when their Lucas electricals fail them. (to which Aredub and I may attest) Don
Owners of Spitfires [the earthbound variety] deserve this mental apoplexy. They were definitely a Triumph of style over substance. But they were way ahead of their time in one facet of modern auto engineering, Planned Obsolescence.

This was primarily due to the cunning use by Triumph of the renowned designer, good egg and general bright spark, Lucas Lectrical. He saw in the precursor of a new Generation. Cars retained that cherished British tradition of looking the same as your grandad remembered it, but you had to buy a new one anyway, because it wouldn't work.

How stylish the inside of your garage had become!! Waves of Deja Vous coming over me again and again!! Nostalgia is not like it used to be in the old days!!

And now that we have laid the ghost of Lucas Lectrical, we return to our hi-tech discussions and worship of the great Gods Aisan Autobox and Fuji MountUs. I think the good old days are only beginning!!

White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl

Last edited by svxistentialist; 07-18-2001 at 03:43 PM.