View Single Post
Old 03-20-2011, 01:39 PM

Re: electrical problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonnycash View Post
Ok, so I finally had a chance to work on this thing. I have it running, but it still has some issues.
I got the alternator tested and it turned out to be overcharging. Replaced that.
The battery would not take a charge... replaced that.
The Horn/brake fuse was blown. I replaced it and the horn went off. I disconnected the horn and put the fuse back in and its fine.
The relay for the right fan was stuck open, and the fuse was blown, replaced them and the fans work.
The issues I have left are:
The horn.
The abs and airbag light are on on the dash. The fuse for the cruise/abs blows everytime i put it in. Which I assume is the reason for the lights.
I replaced the fusebox, but that did not change anything. Any ideas?
Thanks!
I dorve it yesterday and found more problems.
I only have fwd, and the transmission shifts funny...
The best way I can describe it is if you shifted a standard to soon, it kind of lugs up to speed. It only does this under half throttle. It shifts fine when you get on the gas. Also, when you are coasting and move the shifter to a lower gear the rpm's drop as if its in neutral. In Drive it acts normal.
There is a parasitic drain on the battery, and it is dead after only a couple hours of sitting.
I don't know if I have it in me to track all of these problems and fix it.