View Single Post
Old 03-19-2011, 01:16 PM

Re: electrical problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonnycash View Post
Well, drove a rental car (ford focus...) to ga, and had 12 hours to think about it...
Turns out the cig lighter still worked, the fuse was blown in the phone charger. Fixed that and now the phone won't charge. Got a new battery and it charges fine.
I am wondering if it is possible that the alternator was over charging (bad regulator) and cooked the ecu and my cell phone battery.
Any thoughts on this... Plausable?
Ok, so I finally had a chance to work on this thing. I have it running, but it still has some issues.
I got the alternator tested and it turned out to be overcharging. Replaced that.
The battery would not take a charge... replaced that.
The Horn/brake fuse was blown. I replaced it and the horn went off. I disconnected the horn and put the fuse back in and its fine.
The relay for the right fan was stuck open, and the fuse was blown, replaced them and the fans work.
The issues I have left are:
The horn.
The abs and airbag light are on on the dash. The fuse for the cruise/abs blows everytime i put it in. Which I assume is the reason for the lights.
I replaced the fusebox, but that did not change anything. Any ideas?
Thanks!