View Single Post
Old 11-05-2009, 12:36 PM

Send a message via AIM to redlinedeath Send a message via Yahoo to redlinedeath
Re: Anyone have an opinion on vinyl replacement windows?

see if you can find a vinyl kraft or vinyl craft dealer. ive installed well over 2000 windows with my boss over a 3 year period before i left the business, ive delt with a few, but they were the best i used in my opinion, thats going over quality, cosmetics and finished product. btw, be carefull for sky high r factor. in fact, ignore r factor all together if someone tries to use it as a selling point. if you have a window world, find out if they use allside windows in your region, those are pretty good. DO NOT go with silverline windows, unless you go with the highest end series which are to expensive. if you have large windows, dont go with pella or anything thats aluminum clad wood, they WILL start to sag over the years, and large windows in this material are hard to open.

dont take this the wrong way pella owners, but you would be suprised at how many replacements we did were because of unsatisfied pella customers.

and i cannot stress this enough. YOU NEED EXPERIANCED INSTALLERS! when i first started i worked with a guy who did windows for years at this point, and still stuffed the heck out of insulation, and kept it from insulating. if you do it yourself, take your time, and dont rush or cut corners. if you do, youll be paying for it later... trust me. i had to do so many botched jobs, it wasnt fun.