Thread: Air intake
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2001, 08:47 PM

Registered SVX
screen in front of MAF

Quote:
Originally posted by eddycat2000

Well, being as this isn't a mod mania thread...ARE YOU RETARDED? Yeah, go ahead and start busting up parts that were designed to work a certain way. Where in *thee* heck do you guys come up with this stuff? I guess you must have more money and time to spend ruining parts that are engineered to work a certain way than I do.

Hey, while we're at it let's poke holes in the muffler, and the cats and then we can get that really cool blat, blat, blat sound when we're driving. And *THEN* we can put in a 2000 decible stereo to shake our neigbors homes to peices at 2:00 A.M.

For any sane folks that may read this thread...do *NOT* poke holes in expensive parts, please...really, it is the most insane thing I have ever seen posted on either site.

Hey, I gotta go...my cat has four feet, I want to cut one off and see if he still performs as well as before, I've heard he may even perform better if'n I cut off one foot.

Oh yeah, what the %$^# is a mass air meter. Enlighten me please. I'm assuming you mean the air flow meter (old Subaru technospeak), or the MAF, or mass air flow sensor (government mandated generic terminology). You may be talking old english (Jaguar etc. technospeak), however I can't recall the name they used right now and quite frankly after having witnessed someone that obviously has no technical background in automobiles giving advice like that just is pure *HORSE PUCKY*.

Hope you are prepared to pay for the mass air meter you just told someone to destroy!

Cletus: "Yup, just poke a hole in 'er, she'll run *REAL* good then!"
Today I changed plugs on my 97 Chevy pickup. I took the air filter out to get to the right side plugs. When I pulled the connector tube off that contains the MAF, in there was a screen like the one in the SVX, maybe that screen should be left there. I think the engineers new something