View Single Post
Old 08-31-2005, 08:41 AM
Fight Eminent Domain Abuse!

Send a message via AIM to mohrds Send a message via Yahoo to mohrds
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Pockets
The enormous jump in gas prices over the past year hasn't hurt me or my wife too much - our commutes are under five miles, round trip. But just a couple years ago I was driving my SVX 30-45mi every day, and my wife was driving almost double that. I can imagine how loud we'd be if we were still using that much gas.

The flipside is that this situation will begin to affect Americans' car-buying choices at some point.
I'm hoping it has a different effect. I hope that it curbs the suburban sprawl and creates more demand for urban development. If people only commuted 5 miles a day, they'd save money. People are fleeing the city faster than the urbanites are moving in.

If you had a car that got 10 MPG and commuted 5 miles a day versus a 50 mile commute with a car that gets 40MPG, you'd still be saving money and polluting less.

I'm sick and tired of seeing on the news that some new subdivision is demanding that the local government spend money to curb their wildlife problem. If they wouldn't have built there, there wouldn't be a need to spend tax dollars on animal control.

Just my $.02

Doug
Black over Claret with 2.5" setback spoiler; 202,000 miles; Mods: B&M Cooler
1994 LSi (4/93)
Bordeaux Pearl; 198,000 miles; Mods: Weight reduction.

1969 Mustang GT Convertible
1970 Mustang Convertible
2000 Ford Excursion
Sola lingua bona est lingua mortua.

My Locker