Thread: Thanks AREDUB!
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2002, 12:20 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Re: Thanks AREDUB!

Quote:
Originally posted by Clydesvx
Aredub,
Thanks, I got my info from a manual I bought from Subaru. I never thought it would be as bad as it said. Having added and replaced tape decks in older subaru's I it to be a little easier. I got to a point where I could replace a radio and CD in less than 20 minutes.
Thanks Again,
Clydesvx
My pleasure, Clyde. Yes, I've read the instructions in the service manual. They are somewhat ridiculous -- telling you that you have to virtually disassemble the car to do the job. I guess it's so they can justify "flat rate." Now that I've done it, it shouldn't take a half hour or so. That is, if I make sure all the components are right side up.

I was disappointed when I put the radio in. I was counting on it to cure my illumination problems on my current unit (no volume/treble/fader backlight, no station button backlight. Plus the remaining lights go on and off and dim and brighten on a whim. But, the replacement radio had no LCD backlight. I'd rather see the LCD at night, I can "Ray Charles" my way around the other buttons.

Best of luck, and have fun.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI