View Single Post
Old 03-05-2004, 07:59 AM
96svxer

Try this: He showed pics of before and after, it was amazing. The engine just sparkled. Too bad the link is dead now. I will be trying it in the summer, I am sooooo convinced.

A NSX owner showed me a really nice way to clean the engine bay. This made my engine bay look brand new. It's very time consuming.

You need two things. Gunk Foamy engite brite and Foamy Armor All for tires. They have to be the FOAMY version or else it might now work.

Wait for the engine to cool down. First spray the entire bay with the Gunk engine brite. Spray everywhere you can and let it sit for 5 mintues. Rinse with a hose with med/high pressure.

Wait 5 more minutes and spray the entire engine with the Foamy Armor All for tires. Next crank up the car, close the hood and let the engine run for 15 minutes. This will dry up the armor all and allow it to soak in, open the hood and smile.

I couldn't believe how clean my engine was after that. Only scary part was spraying the engine without covering anything up. I had no problems.

Full link of above text