View Single Post
Old 09-02-2003, 03:11 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

New Owner- tranny

Personally I wouldn't suggest flushing the tranny. You don't know the history of the changes for it so it is entirely possible that you will do more damage by having it flushed then you would by running with the old fluid. Just change it once, drive it then change it again. You'll get at least 3/4 of the fluid changed this way and it won't do any more damage then is already in there.

Also, when I went to syth fluid for mine I did not go with Redline for 2 reasons.
1. I couldn't find anything saying it was compatable with other ATFS (i.e. what's in the car now and you won't get out).
2. I couldn't find independently verified test showing its flash/fire points or its -40 degree viscosity. Two things which are very important according to Subaru.

I went with Mobil One Synth which actually is indie verified with higher flash/fire points than Redline lists in their own website., its fairly cheap. $5 a quart at Autozone, $6 at pep boys and it is compatable with any other Dex III set up.

Oh yeah, most importantly congrats on your SVX!