Thread: Lsvx-t
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2020, 12:39 PM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
Re: Lsvx-t

I ended up buying a full set of Geckos as AMR is useless to even try and contact. I took the springs and top mounts and adapted them to my 350z coilovers I am using in the rear so it makes a perfect setup. I sold the rear struts to someone who needed just rear struts so it worked out for both of us. It looks like I will only need to slightly modify a front sump aftermarket oil pan for clearance so that will save time from fabricating a whole oil pan. I have also began gather parts for the engine build which when it is done will run around 7k rpms and hold roughly 900hp which should be more than enough headroom, at least for now. My FB account has been reactivated but its not the same as the forum, so I will continue to update with progress as time goes on. Hoping to have my last driveshaft flange soon so I can get the measurements for the shop to have it made. I am currently bargain hunting for an LS-3 intake manifold and then I will start sourcing my fuel system components for the engine. I have still got to close up the trunk and measure out my fuel cell and get that ordered as well. I don't think I will run the car N/A anymore either as it will just waste energy remaking the cooling system over again to make room for a charge air cooler etc. so I think I will just forge ahead with the turbo kit fab once the engine is done and ready to go in. But even as I write this, I am not totally sold on this either so we will see when it gets closer. For now I am trying to budget my spending on this project a little rather than just burning the cash right away. Will post more when more progress is made

Tom