View Single Post
Old 02-04-2006, 08:31 AM
Loyal Subie-ist

Send a message via MSN to SubyLuver
Quote:
Originally Posted by TE1221
Small world... I was about to post about that last night. I ran into some trouble doing it last night as well. I ended up only doing one because I busted my finger trying to loosen the swaybar bolt and I had so much trouble getting it to line up correctly. I used a screwdriver to move the bushing and line up the holes and then took a pair of locking pliers to hold the adapter there.

But man... what a PITA...

P.s. I find that if you had one side jacked up it would put way too much pressure on the bar, and it was much easier if both sides were jacked up or take a piece of wood and 2nd jack to move the wheel up a little bit to compress the spring. Then it made the fitment easier.
Yeah I cut the notch in the passenger side, I dont think you have to in the drivers do you? I just slid that bushing up against the metal ridge... Anyhow I have had some rest and am not so pissed off at the stupid thing. I am thinking maybe one of those ratchet style clamps might work? I have tried using a screwdriver to pry it close but I cant seem to get the threads to line up that way. very frustrating... Oh well back at it again, maybe I will drive it out to my Subaru mechanic with one bolt on the mount? hehe

Thanks guys,
(To-do list Koni Struts & Springs lacking funds)