View Single Post
Old 03-04-2003, 06:20 PM
No front plate on My SVX

Send a message via MSN to CDG
I have disconnected the resistor, made a big difference.
The Tech would not touch the car as he did not want to make it worse. He did explain that the band adjustment would make sense if the problem was consistent, however I gave it to him with the resistor plugged in, therefore the problem was very bad, but still intermitent.

I may try the band adjustment when the weather warms ups, maybe this weekend.( we only get nice weather when we want it, ya right)
I'm also getting a 2-3 second delay when I put it into gear, that is another sign of low preasure, so If I fix the low preasure, all my problems should go away(fingers crossed)

The band and the pump gasket would inevitably be related, adjusting the band to me is like masking the problem. But I will give it a try. Don't I have to do this from underneath the car? I saw a picture somewhere???

Oh, is there only one adjustment screw for all bands? or one for 2-3...Its around here somewhere, I know there are at least 20 descriptions of how the trany works, I've read them all, but its always a mystery when I start to think about it

Current Ride, 1985 Honda Aero 80, stock 3024 klms