View Single Post
Old 02-26-2003, 05:23 PM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
Quote:
Originally posted by svxcess
I was never adverse to putting any money into the pearlie that was needed. Not having very strong mechanical skills or the availability of a garage, I always relied on my honest technicians and mechanics to tell me what was needed. No matter what they say it needed, it got it.

I feel somewhat responsible about this unforseen turn of events. Many on this site "sold" Chris on the idea of buying this car, as it was a really great deal and was exquisitely maintained. He took my, and our, word for it and flew 3000 miles to buy a car sight unseen.

If I had even the slightest inkling of impending tranny problems i would have told him long before I got here or would have never sold it to ANY member of this club. I feel I have a strong and positive standing here and would never do anything to jeopardize it, for any reason.

I am hoping for a mis-diagnosis by the tranny guy and that the situation is not as bad as claimed.

John,

I don't think Chris blames you for the tranny. When he got to Chicago, I noticed the flare after I drove the pearlie. The thing is it still shifts strong and it was not skipping or doing anything weird. Just a mild flare. That is the reason why TCU has not caught the error yet.

I understand that we "told" chris that the pearlie was a good buy. I still without a doubt will say it to anyone that the Pearlie is in great shape. Also, I think Chris or anyone that buy ANY SVX should know (I think Chris already does) that a 92 SVX is STILL a 10 year old car. With a 10 year old car, it will have 10 years worth of problems. Even new cars have problems. But I can compare the pearlie to my 94 and I can tell without a doubt that that 92 pearlie is in MUCH MUCH better shape than my 94.

Anyways, just want to toss in my 2 cents.

Lwin
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!