View Single Post
Old 12-21-2002, 11:52 PM
gcookaustin

Quote:
Originally posted by $VX
I like it except for the whole 'going to church' comment. WTF.

I know tons of people who 'go to church' and have crappy lives, and I know a lot of people who are very successful (in relationships and financially) who DON"T go to church.

I wish religon was illegal..

- Ca$h
Just because somebody goes to church, does that mean that they are to automatically have a great life? Perhaps statistically one who does attend church is more likely to live a fulfilled, joyous life, but by no means does that mean that they will. Maybe also people who don't go to church are happy to have their family or money or whatever, and to them that's just fine and that's what they cherish. Not that family/money/SVXs are wrong, but it's a matter of Who or what you trust. Stuff might make you happy, but what I've found is that only God can bring true joy, and to bring you abundant life, so long as you're in His Will; it's what He wants to do. It enables me to honestly say that I wouldn't mind living in a cardboard box for the rest of my life, so long as I can enjoy the presence of God.

But even aside from all that, I'm pretty sure that even most atheists would be afraid of what might happen if there was no "religion"; we might find our world a pretty bad place with many more people committing crimes and so forth, those who would otherwise be trying to lead "moral lives" and such. The "Jesus Freak" down the street might otherwise have already stolen your SVX by now