View Single Post
Old 01-31-2010, 02:09 PM
Radio wiring harness guru
Subaru Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Re: Radio light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conn SVX View Post
Now how do u remove the radio from the dash. I have the repair manual and it does not make sense . It says remove the VENT???
You don't need to remove any of the vents. One of the aftermarket manufacturers say that in their instructions.

See my SVX radio installation guide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorSVXette View Post
I am waiting for Dave ( the radio doc) to come up with a way to "bench test" the radios to see which lights are working without having to install it in the car each time.
Yes, I still need to finish that for you, but Christmas happened (and then I got sick). I'm going to measure how much current the radio draws, to see what size AC adapter would be required.

As for the bulbs, several of mine died. I was able to open up the radio enough to replace some of the ones that back-light the buttons without too much difficulty. Soldering in the new ones was the hardest part -- very fine work.

But I don't recall how much more you would need to dissassemble to replace the backlights for the LCD.