View Single Post
Old 02-19-2023, 04:28 PM

Send a message via AIM to SVXMAN2001
ABS Issues post manual install

Good news is i installed a MY17 sti 6 speed w/ dccd.

However now I have an ABS Sensor (Left Rear) trouble code post install. An issue which did not exist prior the install.

My current symptoms are ABS warning light, ABS trouble code indicating LR ABS wheel speed sensor and most importantly braking distance has significantly increased. The car is currently unsafe to drive. The vehicle does stop but if an emergency arose, the brakes would not react in such a way to prevent an accident.

What I've done thus far is:

- Modified brake booster. Shortened the push rod. Pedal travel is significantly less.
- Bled brakes and hydraulic pump multiple times (according to FSM). No air in system
- Checked brake booster and master cylinder. No leaks from master cylinder or vacuum leaks from booster;
- Installed MAPDCCD Advanced Wheel Speed Sensor. Required slicing into ABS Electronic Control Module and VSS wire/pin in ECU
- unplugged all connections to ABS ECM and ABS light still illuminated and displayed LR ABS WSS error code

I've since ordered a LR WSS and awaiting delivery, but would one speed sensor significantly decrease brake performance? If so, it should be a relatively straightforward fixed.

I am most concerned that the wire splicing may have harmed the ABS ECM somehow or that the internals of the brake booster were harmed during the modificdation process.

Any help appreciated.