View Single Post
Old 02-07-2007, 08:39 PM
Rep from the outside world

Send a message via AIM to Shadow248
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxer6SVX
GM needs to invest in the Impala/G8 platform, make it rear wheel drive and go from there instead of spreading already dwindling funds into multiple cars. For example Im glad Ford is dropping the Taurus and Crown Vic. I love the fusion and an SVT version of it is rumored as well. The Focus RS is coming with a Volvo I-5T and all wheel drive. thats what Im talkin about. American cars need to be less American persay in its pursuits of the elite car buyer. Elite low productions cars dont make a car company profitable, everday average production cars do. Thats where the Taurus SHO and the current Impala SS/ Grand Prix GXP come in. make performance versions of average cars and make that a niche. Most people buy things with 4 doors. Just like the first Mustang aimed to do. Depending on who u were you could have an sporty economy car or a drag nightmare all in one car. Thats what they need to do. Give people choices in one platform. And technology is proving you can have performance, fuel economy, and reliability in one package.
GM is going almost completely RWD/AWD. By 2010, Cobalt /G5 and Malibu/G6 will be FWD or AWD, and all the cars up from there will be RWD with AWD as an option. Say what you want, but a 6-speed 400hp AWD Grand Prix GXP will be hard to fault.

The Zeta and Kappa platforms are austrailian designs, but all the new RWD/AWD models drived from them will be built in the US and Canada. The only way GM could build a new Camaro was to build it in Canada, and since the next GTO uses the same platform and motor(s), I can't see it being built elsewhere. Plus importing 16,000 (04-06) GTO's a year can work, but the Zeta is underpinning cars that will sell multiple hundreds of thousands a year...they're sure as hell not importing those!