View Single Post
Old 11-14-2007, 08:14 AM

Registered SVX
Just bought my first SVX!

Hey there guys and gals, this is my first post here because as of last friday I am the proud owner of my very first SVX. I've always liked the cars, but never knew much about them. I would just see one every now and again and comment on how much I liked the styling. Well, I work at a Honda/Nissan dealership as a mechanic, and last week someone traded in an SVX. The sales department decided to wholesale it since they said there isn't a market for a car like that where I live, and it needs some work. So, I picked it up for $1200. It's a '95 L AWD with 155K miles. Has a really bad exhaust leak from the cat, so it sounds terrible, contributing to why the sales department decided to wholesale it. Other than that, the only thing I've found wrong so far is the cruise control doesn't work, a cv axle boot is ripped open, and it needs front brakes (big suprise right?). It needs some bodywork, but I'm good friends with the body guy my dealership goes through and he owes me some work, so he already said he'll take care of the stuff for me. So I think I got a pretty good deal. What do you all think?