Thread: Steering Pull
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2004, 08:17 AM

Further to the ongoing problem of my car's suspension woes. I rang my Subaru dealer yesterday to get a quote for a replacement N/S Lower Control Arm Assembly and they came back with a price of £341.73 incl VAT. Pricey for what it is but being Subaru I was expecting it. Plus it comes with both bushes already installed so at least there's no need to pay extra for those.

Thought I'd better get the bushes for the O/S Lower Control Arm while I was at it as they're quite tired looking as well. But I was shocked (though I shouldn't have been ) when the man there told me that the bushes are not available separately, I would have to spend a further £341.73 for a complete LCA Assy to replace my tired ones.

That really hacks me off. I love my SVX but Subaru (UK) really take the pee. The equivalent US-spec part is £236 including shipping to the UK though of course as soon as it hits the shores of Blighty you get stung yet again for import duties. It really gives me the hump.

'96 Subaru SVX (111K) - UK spec
'85 Opel Monza GSE (71K)
'86 Opel Monza GSE (95K)
'93 Toyota Estima Lucida (37K) - JDM import

My psychiatrist says I'm suffering from paranoia........but he's always hated me!!!