Thread: Lsvx-t
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2022, 08:47 PM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
Re: Lsvx-t

Sorry, dont get on much. Ill try to address a couple things.

Im running a vs racing turbo which is basically a clone of a bw turbo. 83/75 t4 w 1.10ar. It spools quickly and power comes in pretty quick. Im on gate at about 3500-4k rpm which is a little early but its not a top end car so it fits the bill perfectly right now. Currently on 7psi but i will be pushing that up next season.

Cooling was an issue with the cheapo ebay fans i had. I have since installed a pair of spall 12" fans and that has helped immensely.

The steering is an sti quick ratio rack that has been depowered. The nissan steering column was a lot more work than its worth and the results have been underwhelming so far. It "works" but its not very good. Maybe the toyota column from a prius is better as it seems. Most epas conversions go this route. I may one day ditch it and get another sti rack and go back to hydraulics.

Wheel arches are just cheapo ones from amazon. Front fenders dont work but the rears are fi e for what i needed

Thanks for the interest. I am currently building a whole new wiring harness using a real fuse and relay box instead of all the inline insanity i started with. I get an hour in the garage every other week basically so it been a slow go. But i also have all winter. Spring time i want to get it dyno tuned and maybe run it down a drag strip to break my old record from damn near 20 years ago

Tom