View Single Post
Old 10-23-2011, 07:41 PM

Re: Functional Aero Kit

Here you go, front diffuser.

http://www.compositesworld.com/artic...peed-stability

btw, don't take my comments personaly. Most SVX owners are not modifing to a rulebook so I view it as a place for much more agressive and "theoretical" areodynamics than if you were setting up a STi for a specific race class. Yet money is allways a limiting factor in how far you go. Just that the SVX needs so much replaced to do a proper areo package one might as well dial it up to 11, where as the STi needs much less to see gains.

Also I'm quite upset about the rash of tuners out there who are making all the same mistakes and misteps that racing cars did in the 60's and early 70's on the way to a solid foundation of knowledge. Google is free and no one is guarding thier top secret areo info from 1978. One not be able to do the insanely complex areo package of a modern F1 car in a small shop enviroment, but we have 40+ years of open wheel, prototype, sedan, hillclimb, rally, etc to pick and choose our well developed areo package from. Even a mostly street car like the Viper shows some really advanced tricks to getting the most downforce for little extra drag.

Course that said I find the trend to generic aftermarket rear wings that are shaped like the vipers very very funny. The viper wing has huge hours being shaped exactly correct to match the airflow off the rear window and bodywork. Which is why the leading edge is higher for the window area and then gets lower at the ends where the bodywork is flat. So a generic curve on a wing won't match whatever car you are using it on thus defeating part if not all of the point of the 3d wing shape.

Last edited by XT6Wagon; 10-23-2011 at 08:26 PM.