View Single Post
Old 07-01-2011, 08:36 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Re: First autoX for me since 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by wawazat?? View Post
Sorry Ben, but the thought of an old British car regardless of how cool the Esprit may be, has little appeal to me.

Close your eyes, but I'm actually thinking of returning to my Ford roots and getting a Mustang. Good power from the factory, lots of mod potential, cheap (used-not new), and reliable ('05 and up). This will be a toy car and occasional driver so I can leave the autoX suspension and tires on her all the time. It's the best candidate for me right now.

Todd
Ah, they're plenty reliable, just so long as you keep a couple around. Actually, aside from a broken belt on the TVR and of course the sorting period involved in getting anything that sat for 10 years running right, I've had less issues with the Brits than I had with any Subaru I owned except my first Impreza. You just gotta keep feeding 'em gas faster than your Ram.

You'll need to leave that autox suspension on it. My summer pool kid has an 11 GT and I think my XJR would outhandle it. Nice engine, definately a little on the heavy side and a made to sell a bunch cheap rear suspension and seats. It does okay on decent roads but we don't have many of those here. You remember Potholevania right?