View Single Post
Old 03-19-2010, 04:48 PM

Re: Removing window coating

I'm getting ahead of myself, but, I've always been one to see physical effects myself when possible. I know a couple of cops through work, so if I go through with this, I will try to get some radar data on the range effects, or if my detector is just a pos. Also gps startup times. It will be completely unscientific or repeatable for others, but why not? I'm an information junkie.

This really stems from my desire to use a valentine 1. My buddy has one I might be able to test with. I can put the unit in the grill and use the remote display, but then I lose backwards/360 detection. I'm unwilling to spend the big bucks to get a detachable front and back sensor model. So I'm back to around the rear view mirror. My current detector (a bell ?, came with the car) worked a little at first, but now make so little noise ever, I stopped paying attention. I just see if it does anything when I go by the radar stands. I try to use my cruise control, except when passing. I would like to know not to pass when it is safe, but patrolled.

Anyway, good discussion so far, thank you all. Keep it going.

edit: it does work when I hold it out the window or sunroof, but that draws a little attention and my arm gets tired.