Thread: New SVX
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2007, 12:23 PM
Graphic Artist

Checklist for buying an svx.

Tranny is importantant, yep.
Good to hear you check the bearings, but make sure you check the REAL problem areas.

Did you make sure the check valve on the compulsion generator isn't leaking? This is a big failure point on most svxii, if not properly checking compulsion, it could cost you big money in things like waxing obsessivley, lost productive time staring at the rear end. Possible total female cohabitation failure on multiple levels.

Next I would check the multiplication plenum. There isn't a known fix for this either, ask *ahem* a few members on this board. A few of us have bought as many as 12 SVXs trying to find a fix for this ultimatly very expensive mechanisim. Of course, this only leads to further multiplication of SVXii. Make sure your garage is big enough.

Next make sure the your Maddening Owner Needed Equipment, wallet Yielding Pitifully and Incessantly Trap (M.o.n.e.y. P.i.t.) is properly plugged. Some people on this board have simply installed a credit card swiper in the car, while this doesn't save them any heartache, is does shorten the amount of time they spend buying things they don't need for their car.

Is the Valium dispenser working? This seems to help owners after thier car is mistakenly identified as an eclipse, or a probe, by otherwise trained automotive professionals.

I'm sure other people on this board can help you with the other, less important stuff like dead duty solenoids, gear flaring, sunroof leaks, cracked knock sensors, vacuum leaks, exploding diffs and seatbelt problems Others will help with impossible to clean suade, the proper pronunciation of Escanine and Alcyone, and what SVX actually stands for. Still more will help you deal with people asking about how you made those custom windows. But I think I've covered the basics.

Anyone?

-Patrick

essentially your doomed man, DOOMED. Not because its a bad car, but because its the BEST car.

1995 Ebony Pearl. S.N. 0001 "Araby"

JDM Power Mode Switch, Integrated GPS/Video Player
6Xk Miles.

1992 Teal - Sold to Mysvxrocks
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]