View Single Post
Old 03-05-2005, 04:10 PM
SilVerXtc

I was thinking of getting an mid 90's AWD Sports car. I researched most AWD Sports cars for a couple weeks. I read allot of old car reviews and searched Auto Trader and other online private sellers. I found 4 SVX's within a 100 miles of me. But didn't check on them. After reading some comparison tests with SVX's, 3000gt VR-4's(stealth RT turbo AWD), and Talon TSI AWD(Eclipse GSX). The SVX was usually the poorest Performer. I decided I wanted one of the Mitsubishi's. But was still a little Biased toward SVX because it was a Subaru and it was cool and different. I was kinda of partial to getting a Celica All-trac also for Toyota Reliability. But found out that they are very rare and almost impossible to find. I found a 96 3000gt VR-4 in my favorite color Purple. I few in love with it and it had low mileage in immaculate condition. But it was way overpriced at $22,500. Seller wouldn't accept my offer of $16,000. then a co-worker told me he knew someone who had a SVX and he asked the guy if he wanted to sell it. The guy said he would sell it for $2500 bought the tranny was slipping. Looked into doing a 5-speed and conversion and it was very feasible using my Forester tranny. Since I wasn't going to need the Forester Tranny after to the Dual range install. Sounded like a good deal to me and ended up buying it.